Save Water for a Better Today and Tomorrow
The day is not far off when every part of the planet would experience scarcity of safe drinking water. A number of countries in the world are found to impose restrictions on the water supply and are observed to issue hose-pipes and sprinkler bans in order to combat this rapidly escalating shortage. We need to save water, use it wisely and preserve it for our future and save the planet.
Here are a few tips for saving water:
- A huge amount of water goes wasted due to leaky taps. Imagine, a tap losing one drop of water per second, amounts to 15 liters a day!
- A bath can be relaxant but it uses up to 100 liters of water. An average shower will help you to conserve two-thirds of it.
- Small changes in practice can save water in the kitchen. Wash vegetables in a bowl instead of running water.
- Go for water-efficient appliances. A hippo or a save-a-flush can help you save 2000 gallons of water every year! The washing machines and dishwashers should be replaced with energy-efficient ones. They save energy as well as use lesser water. Wash only full load in a washing machine.
- Get your water-pipes and external taps lagged before the winter months. This will make them resistant to freezing and bursting; thereby, saving huge amounts of water from being wasted.