Go green to save more
As you go green, you can do your part to save the environment. In this process you just don’t do well for the planet but, effectively save your money too.
- Use CFLs. Although, they are expensive, they last long and use less energy helping you to attain bigger savings over a longer period of time.
- Opt for energy-efficient appliances. Be it heater, washer or dryer, they can really reduce your power bills. Reduce the usage of hot water and run for the clothes-line when you want to dry your clothes.
- Buy used stuff. Hunt garage shops, thrift sales and eBay. You help the product to last longer and reduce the pressure on environment. You also save big-time.
- Avoid the coffee shop and make your own coffee. Small efforts can save you precious cents and add up big with time. Bulk buying is also a good saving method.
- Eat in instead of eating out. Expensive sit-down restaurants can be substituted by eating at home. Avoiding fast food joints can help you save more. Go for car-pools, bikes or take a walk. The lesser you drive, the more you save. You can commute to do your bit in helping global-warming. Go for a fuel efficient care if you need to drive.
- Finally, waste less, insulate your heating and cooling systems and run the motor-less push mowers.